Uxbridge Local History Society Homepage
The Uxbridge Record.
This is the website of the Uxbridge
Local History and Archive Society.
The society began life in 1949 as the Archives Committee of Uxbridge U.D.C.
In 1952 membership was extended to all persons interested in local history, and
today we continue work towards an ever wider appreciation of our heritage.
We have links for you to discover more about the area, including Uxbridge History.
President of Uxbridge Local History Society
Lord Randall of Uxbridge
Former member of Parliament for Uxbridge & South Ruislip.
Mr Randall was elected President at our 2005 AGM.
Our 2021 - 2022 Winter Programme of meetings.
More Pages Below
- 50 Years In The Chair - A Tribute To Ken Pearce Click here
- Click here and find out about the Borough of Uxbridge arms or blazon that appears in colour on the Uxbridge Record cover.
- In 2005 the Society presented roses at The American Community School, Hillingdon. Read about it Click here.
- See how our donated roses have grown. Use the same link above.
- Use this link to view an article about the Harrow and Uxbridge Railway from a copy of Uxbridge Record.
- View Uxbridge as it was in the past. Click here to view old postcards from our archive.
The Society now has a Facebook page.
wwww email us at this mailbox if you have any comments or questions or here for Membership enquiries.
Page updated February 2022 © Douglas J. Adams